- World's largest owner and operator of Handysize ships with a significant and growing Supramax presence
- Fuel-efficient ships and high utilisation enable competitive freight for customers
- Fleet scale and office network enable a global service on any route, anytime, anywhere
- 12 offices (10 commercial offices) on six continents position us close to our customers
- Local chartering and operations personnel enable 24/7 support
- In-house technical management of our owned fleet ensures high-quality owned ships and reliability of service
Pacific Basin is one of the world's leading owners and operators of modern Handysize and Supramax dry bulk ships.
Our vision is to be the partner of choice for customers in these minor bulk shipping segments, and we pride ourselves on our customer focus which stands at the heart of our business model and is a key driver of our success.
We value long-term relationships over short-term gain, and so we approach every customer interaction with care, responsibility and a personal touch to ensure we deliver a reliable, flexible and competitive freight service.
We position our customer-facing staff comprising 30 nationalities in 12 offices across six continents so that we can accurately know and understand our customers' needs and offer a superior, responsive and localised service.
We provide freight services to our customers under spot and long-term cargo contracts, some of which extend up to nine years into the future.
We are passionate about service and delivering best-in-class performance.
We own and operate a modern, high-quality bulk shipping fleet and our award-winning in-house technical management capability ensures the quality of our owned ships and reliability of their service. We commit to industry best practices and the highest standards of operations in our sector.
Our diverse customers include industrial users, traders and producers of dry bulk commodities, including many of the world's biggest names in mining, forestry, agriculture and construction. They also include small producers of raw materials and semi-processed goods who are equally dependent on a reliable and flexible freight service.
"Leadership to us means a unique blend of high-quality ships, the largest fleet, excellent people, local customer care and financial strength. We believe these qualities underpin our long-term competitive advantage."